2 Select the Shape Builder tool ( ) in the Tools panel. Click and drag from one shape to another. The triangle and the ellipse are combined into a single shape. Click and drag with the resulting combined shape.
How do I combine shapes and lines in Illustrator?
Click "Edit" at the top of the screen, then "Routes." Select "Join". The ends of the lines you select will be joined. Repeat with the remaining lines you want to join.
How do you group images in Illustrator?
Select the first object with the Pick tool, and then hold down Shift and click a second object. Choose Object→Group or press Ctrl+G (Windows) or Command+G (Mac).
What tools can be used to combine shapes?
Use the Blob Brush tool to edit filled shapes that you can cross and blend with other shapes of the same color, or to create artwork from scratch.
How do you move a group of objects in Illustrator?
move multiple objects at once
- Select one or more objects.
- Choose Object > Transform > Transform Each.
- Set the distance you want to move the selected objects in the Move section of the dialog.
- Do one of the following: To move the objects by the specified amounts, click OK.
How can you group text objects?
Hold down the CTRL key while you select the shapes, images, or objects you want to group. and then click Group.
How do you expand an object in Illustrator?
- Select the object.
- Choose Object > Expand. If the object has appearance attributes applied, the Object > Expand command is grayed out. In this case, choose Object > Expand Appearance, and then choose Object > Expand.
- Set the options, and then click OK: Object.
What tools can be used to combine shapes in Illustrator?
Use the Pathfinder panel (Window > Pathfinder) to combine objects into new shapes. Use the top row of panel buttons to create paths or compound paths. To make compound shapes, use the buttons in those rows while holding down the Alt or Option key.
How to turn a shape into a path?
Click the Shape layer in the Layers palette and open the Paths palette. You'll see the path of the shape there - double-click it and give the new path a new name, such as path1, and hit OK. Now delete the original shape layer by clicking on it and hit Delete and only your path will remain.