How to backup your Procreate files. An iCloud backup of your iPhone or iPad is a good start for backing up your Procreate files. However, iCloud backups aren't perfect, so it's important to back up your designs to another cloud service or to an external hard drive as well.
How do I make a backup of procreate art?
Tap each artwork you want to back up, then tap the right-pointing arrow for the Share popup. Select "iTunes" or "Dropbox" under "Export to", then select "Procreate" from the options provided. For Dropbox, you have the option to choose where to put them in your Dropbox.
How do I make a backup automatically in procreate?
3) There is no automatic backup. That storage location option in the iPad settings in Procreate relates to the Procreate folder in the Files app and whether its content is stored on the iPad or in iCloud. The files only go to that folder if you send them there, by exporting or using Drag and Drop, for example.
Can you back up procreate to iCloud?
reggev, Procreate does not currently offer an iCloud sync option, but you can make an iCloud backup. If you back up your iPad, including your apps, to iCloud, this will include your Procreate files.
How do I recover deleted files in procreate?
Check if you have a backup by going to Settings/Your Apple ID/iCloud/Manage Storage/Backups/This iPad and check if Procreate is included in the list of apps. If so, you can do a restore from that backup if it's recent enough to contain the artwork.
How do I export procreate files?
Export PSD files from Procreate directly to your computer
- Tap on the wrench icon and then tap on “Share Artwork”
- Select "PSD"
- Select "Import with FileBrowser".
- Go to your computer or cloud storage and save your file.
Why is my procreate export unsuccessful?
That can happen if you have very little storage space available on your iPad. Could this be a factor, even though it's a 3rd-gen Pro? Check in iPad Settings > General > About. Check in the Files app > On My iPad > Procreate to see if there are any files there; if so, they are duplicated and take up extra space.
How do I save my camera roll artwork to procreate?
- Go to settings. This is the wrench icon at the top left of the toolbar. …
- Press 'Share' This shows all the different ways you export your project. …
- Choose a file type. Next, you need to choose a file type. …
- Choose a Save option. …
- You're done! …
- VIDEO: HOW TO EXPORT YOUR FILES IN PROCREATE.
Can you transfer files from Procreate to another iPad?
There, scroll down to Procreate. You should see all your documents. Transfer them all to the computer. I would then repeat the process with the new iPad only this time I would transfer the documents to the new iPad.
Does Procreate sync between devices?
So the answer to "the real question" is no, Procreate currently doesn't have any sort of gallery sync. You can back up your work to iCloud when you make a full backup of your device and have Procreate enabled there, and you can manually drag and drop your canvases to whatever cloud service you prefer.
What happens if you remove procreate?
Yes, deleting Procreate will delete all of your artwork, as well as your custom brushes, swatches, and settings. Before you do something like that, you should back things up. And you should also regularly back up your work from iPad anyway, to guard against unexpected issues like this.