How do you blow up something in Illustrator?
There is no built-in function to explode a form. However, this is what you can do. Use the direct selection tool (the white arrow) to click the center of the path on one side. Edit Copy, then Edit > Paste at the back.
How do you break a stroke in Illustrator?
split a road
- Select the Scissors tool and click on the path where you want to split it. …
- Select the Knife tool and drag the pointer over the object. …
- Select the anchor point where you want to split the path, and then click the Cut Path At Selected Anchor Points button on the control panel.
Can you explode lines in Illustrator?
Click in the middle of the straight line to make a cut in the path. Two new endpoints will appear on the original route. Alternatively, click the anchor point of the path you want to split. Select "Cut path at selected anchor points" in the control panel.
How can I detach a shape in Illustrator?
- Click and hold the Eraser Tool ( ) to view and choose the Knife Tool ( ).
- Do one of the following: To cut in a curved path, drag the pointer over the object. …
- Choose Select > Deselect. Note: …
- Click and drag each part with the Direct Selection tool ( ).
What tool allows you to cut objects and paths?
The Scissors tool splits a path, graphics frame, or empty text frame at an anchor point or along a segment. Click and hold the Eraser tool ( ) to view and choose the Scissors tool ( ). Click on the path where you want to split it. When you split the route, two endpoints are created.
Which two panels can you use to change the stroke weight of an object?
Most of the stroke attributes are available in both the control panel and the Stroke panel.
How do you smooth a path in Illustrator?
Using the Smooth tool
- Scribble or draw a rough path with the brush or pencil.
- Keep the path selected and select the smooth tool.
- Click and then drag the smooth tool along the selected path.
- Repeat the steps until you get the result you want.
How do I convert a path to a shape in Illustrator?
To convert a path to a living shape, select it and then click Object > Shape > Convert to Shape.