Select the Pen tool using the P shortcut. To make a selection, click two points to create a line between them, and drag a point to create a curved line. Use Alt/opt-drag your lines to change them.
How do I remove a selection from a pen tool in Photoshop?
Select the Direct Selection Tool and select the segment you want to delete. Press Backspace (Windows) or Delete (Mac OS) to delete the selected segment. Pressing Backspace or Delete again clears the rest of the path.
How do you change the object selection tool in Photoshop?
Quick Selection Tool
- Select the Quick Selection tool. …
- On the options bar, click one of the selection options: New, Add To, or Subtract From. …
- To change the size of the brush tip, click the Brush pop-up menu in the options bar and type a pixel size or drag the slider. …
- Choose quick pick options:
How do I erase with the Pen Tool?
1. Use the Pen Tool
- Step 1 – Select the Pen Tool. Select the Pen Tool on the left toolbar. …
- Step 2 – draw a path. Click anywhere on the edges of your subject to create your first anchor point. …
- Step 3: Convert route. In the Routes window, press the "Load route as selection" icon.
- Step 4 – Remove the background in Photoshop.
How do you resize a selection in Photoshop?
To change the size of a layer or a selected object within a layer, select "Transform" from the Edit menu and click "Scale". Eight square anchor points appear around the object. Drag any of these anchor points to resize the object. If you want to constrain the proportions, hold down the "Shift" key while dragging.
How do I manually select in Photoshop?
Open an image in Photoshop and do one of the following:
- Choose Select > Select And Mask.
- Press Ctrl+Alt+R (Windows) or Cmd+Option+R (Mac).
- Enable a selection tool, such as Quick Selection, Magic Wand, or Lasso. Now click Select and Mask on the Options Bar.
How do you make a perfect selection in Photoshop?
Press the keyboard shortcut Control+Alt+R (Command+Option+R on a Mac). Click a selection tool such as Lasso or Quick Selection, then press the "Select and Mask..." button on the options bar. With the Layer Mask selected, click the "Select and Apply Mask..." button in the Properties panel.
How do I change the shape of my Pen Tool?
Select the Pen tool using the P shortcut. To make a selection, click two points to create a line between them, and drag a point to create a curved line. Use Alt/opt-drag your lines to change them. Ctrl/right-click your path in the Paths tab on the right, and then choose Fill Path to create a shape from it.
How do I see the cursor in Photoshop?
Your cursor disappears or changes shape
The fix: If your cursor looks like the ones directly above, you've probably switched to "precise cursors". A simple press of the Caps Lock key will return them to normal. You can also change them under your preferences, hotkey Ctrl + K.
What is the hotkey for the Pen Tool?
You can select the Pen Tool by pressing the P key.
What is the conversion point tool in Photoshop?
The Convert Point tool edits existing vector shape masks and paths (shape outlines) by converting smooth anchor points to corner anchor points and vice versa. In the toolbox, select the Convert Point tool. Click a smooth anchor point to convert it to a corner anchor point.
How do you control the Pen Tool in Photoshop?
Draw straight lines followed by curves
- Using the Pen Tool, click the corner points in two locations to create a straight segment.
- Position the Pen Tool over the selected end point. …
- Place the pen where you want the next anchor point; then click (and drag, if desired) on the new anchor point to complete the curve.