Enter your Apple ID password, then tap Turn Off. iOS 12 or earlier: Go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud, then turn off Find My [device]. Enter your Apple ID password, then tap Turn Off.
How do I turn off iOS?
Press and hold the side (or top) button until off slider appears Drag the slider to turn off your iPhone. Then connect your iPhone to your computer while holding down the Home button.
How do I completely remove iOS from my iPhone?
Erase all content and settings on iPhone
- Go to Settings > General > Reset. If you are asked to enter your passcode and you have forgotten it, see Reset your passcode. If you're prompted to enter your Apple ID password and you've forgotten it, see the Recover your Apple ID website.
- Tap Erase all content and settings.
How do I turn off iOS 14?
Turn off iPhone and then turn it on
To turn off iPhone, do one of the following: On an iPhone with Face ID: Simultaneously press and hold the Side button and either volume button until the sliders appear, then drag the Power off slider.
How do I unpair an iOS device?
Remove your associated iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- Tap Settings, tap your name, then tap Media & purchases.
- Tap View account.
- Scroll down, then tap Remove this device.
What iPhone settings should I turn off?
6 iPhone Settings You Should Turn Off
- 1 iPhone Analysis. The iPhone Analytics feature sends information about your phone to Apple, something that drains your battery and is also a privacy issue. …
- 2 iCloud analytics. …
- 3 Significant Locations. …
- 5 Unnecessary system services. …
- 6 Tracking for advertising.
Should you turn off the iPhone?
Smartphones don't need to rest often, but turning them off periodically and restarting them could benefit your iPhone. …Many users report that their iPhones run faster and smoother after a reset. That includes overall performance as well as animation and app load times.
Is erasing all content and settings the same as a factory reset?
Reset All Settings and Erase All Content and Settings do different things. Resetting all settings removes things like the Wi-Fi password and settings you've set up on your iPad for apps, mail, etc. Erasing all content and settings restores a device to its original state when it was first turned on.
How do I go back to a previous version of iOS?
Downgrade iOS: where to find old versions of iOS
- Select your device. …
- Select the iOS version you want to download. …
- Click the Download button. …
- Hold down Shift (PC) or Option (Mac) and click the Restore button.
- Browse to the IPSW file you downloaded earlier, select it, and click Open.
- Click Restore.
How do you turn off an iPhone update?
On the home screen, tap Settings. On the Settings screen, tap General. Tap Power off at the bottom of the General screen. After, drag the Slide to power off slider to the right to turn off your iPhone.
How do I turn off document syncing in iOS 14?
Documents & Sync uses data, however even though "Documents & Sync" is the culprit, it is more Sync and not Documents. To disable this, go to Settings>iCloud>Documents and data Scroll down and turn off mobile data usage. To turn off everything in Documents, go to: Settings>iCloud>Documents & Data...
What should I turn off on the iPhone 12?
How to turn off the iPhone 12, iPhone 11 or any iPhone with Face ID
- Simultaneously press and hold the button on the right side of the phone and either volume button on the left side for about two seconds until a slider appears.
- Drag the top slider all the way to turn off your iPhone.