Click on the "Gradient Tool" in the toolbox. Click the rectangle to apply a gradient to it. By default, this will change the rectangle to white on the left and fade to black on the right. When the gradient is applied to the photo, the black will be transparent and the white will be solid.
How do I do a gradient fade in Illustrator?
(1) Using the Swatches palette, choose a color for your gradient and drag/drop it into the black gradient slider box. (2) Click on the white gradient slider box to select it. (3) Then adjust the Opacity setting below the gradient slider to 0%. You now have a transparent gradient.
How do I add a gradient to an image in Illustrator?
How to use the gradient tool in Illustrator
- Create a shape in Illustrator.
- Select the Gradient tool from your toolbox.
- Go to the "Fill" box under "Appearance" on the right of the screen.
- This opens the settings box for the Gradient tool.
- Under "Type:" choose between linear, radial, or freeform gradients.
How do you use the mesh gradient in Illustrator?
Create a mesh object with a regular pattern of mesh points
- Select the object and choose Object > Make Gradient Mesh.
- Set the number of rows and columns, and select the highlight direction from the Appearance: Flat menu. …
- Enter a percentage of white highlight to apply to the mesh object.
How do I make a gradient fade transparent in Photoshop?
How to Create a Transparent Gradient in Photoshop
- Step 1: Add a new layer. Open the photo you want to use in Photoshop. …
- Step 2 – Add a layer mask. Select the layer that contains the photo. …
- Step 3 – Add a transparent gradient. …
- Step 4 – Fill in the background layer.
How do you create a transparent gradient mask in Illustrator?
gradient you just created, making sure the gradient is on top of the word. With both selected, go to Window > Transparency, click the dropdown menu at the top right of the panel, and select Make Opacity Mask.
How do you make a fade effect in Illustrator?
The object you want to fade must be on top of the object you want to reveal. Right-click on the object you want to fade and move your mouse cursor over the "Arrange" option. Select the "Bring to Front" option and drag the object over the object you want to reveal.
What is gradient in image processing?
An image gradient is a directional change in the intensity or color of an image. The image gradient is one of the fundamental building blocks in image processing. For example, the Canny edge detector uses an image gradient for edge detection. …Another name for this is color progression.
How do I make my gradient mesh transparent?
Pick the Mesh Tool and click anywhere on the object. This step adds a mesh point to your object. Choose Window → Transparency and drag the slider from 100 percent to 0 or whatever value you like.
How do I make a color gradient in Illustrator?
Click Window > Swatches to open the Swatches panel. In the Swatches panel, click the dropdown in the upper right corner. From the list, choose Open Swatch Library > Gradients, and then choose the gradient you want to apply.
What is a gradient mesh?
A Gradient Mesh is a way to add specific areas of color to a piece of art within Adobe Illustrator, unlike any method I've seen before. …This is done through a series of grids and mesh points that are applied to the shapes you create within Illustrator.
How do you change the gradient mesh?
Editing the colors of a gradient mesh
- Click the Mesh tool in the Tools panel.
- Position the pointer over the mesh object. Most of the time, a plus sign (+) appears next to the cursor. …
- Make sure the Fill box is selected in the Tools panel. …
- Using the Mesh tool, click on one of the border points and apply a color in the same way (see Figure 3).
How does the gradient mesh work?
Gradient meshes allow for very flexible and detailed application of color to objects. A gradient mesh creates a grid inside the object that follows the outline. Color can then be applied to the grid points, and the different colors between the grid points blend together.