Select both shapes, and then select the Shape Builder tool in the Tools panel. Press Alt (Option) and click the circle to remove it from the merged shape.
How do you cut a shape out of a shape in Illustrator?
- Click and hold the Eraser Tool ( ) to view and choose the Knife Tool ( ).
- Do one of the following: To cut in a curved path, drag the pointer over the object. …
- Choose Select > Deselect. Note: …
- Click and drag each part with the Direct Selection tool ( ).
How can I cut one object from another in Illustrator?
Select both shapes using the "Selection Tool". With both shapes selected, go to the "Pathfinder Tool" (shown below in red). Select the "Minus Front" selection (shown below in green). Your bottom shape should now have a cutout of the top shape.
How can I cut one shape from another shape in Photoshop?
- Hold down Command/Ctrl and click on the layer thumbnail for the arrow in the Layers Panel. This will load the arrow shape as a selection.
- Choose Select > Invert from the menu to invert the selection.
- Highlight the Star layer in the Layers Panel.
- Click the New Mask icon at the bottom of the Layers Panel.
How do you make an object transparent in Illustrator?
Select an object or group (or point to a layer in the Layers panel). To change the opacity of a fill or stroke, select the object, and then select the fill or stroke in the Appearance panel. Set the Opacity option in the Transparency panel or the control panel.
Which blend mode darkens relative to the base color?
Blend With White inverts the base color values; mixing with black produces no change. Creates a similar but lower contrast effect than Difference mode.
What is considered a selection tool?
Terms in this set (14) the rectangular marquee tool, the elliptical marquee tool are considered this type of selection tool. the Lasso tool, the Polygonal Lasso tool, and the Magnetic Lasso tool are considered this type of selection tool. the quick pick tool is considered this type of selection tool.
What tool should I use to move shapes to another location?
Use the Shape Selection tool to select shapes: To select the shape, click on it. To move the shape, drag it to a new location.
How to turn a shape into a path?
Click the Shape layer in the Layers palette and open the Paths palette. You'll see the path of the shape there - double-click it and give the new path a new name, such as path1, and hit OK. Now delete the original shape layer by clicking on it and hit Delete and only your path will remain.
How do I merge lines into a shape in Illustrator?
- Select the Selection tool ( ) in the Tools panel. …
- Choose Object > Path > Join. …
- Choose Object > Path > Join once more.
- Choose Select > Deselect to view the closed route.
- Choose View > Preview.
- Click on the joined path to select it and press the letter D to apply the default 1pt black stroke and white fill.
How do you fill a shape with lines in Illustrator?
Select the object drawn with the Selection tool, and then select the Stroke tool and a color from the swatch. This will color the lines and strokes on the object. Then select the Fill tool and choose a color from the swatch. Clicking inside the object will fill it with the selected color or pattern.