To reset the tools, under the top line menu and the word "File", right-click on the tool icon [rectangular marquee tool shown]. Select "Reset All Tools". This is recommended at the IMC where students can change the default Photoshop settings.
How do I change the rectangular marquee tool in Photoshop?
You can also use the key command M to switch to the marquee tool. Use Shift-M to switch between the rectangular and elliptical versions.
How do I reset the Quick Selection Tool in Photoshop?
Tool Reset: Right-click (or Control-click on Mac) the tool icon in the options bar (officially called the Tool Preset Picker) and choose between Reset Tool and Reset All Tools to reset the tool options (found in the options bar) to their default state.
How do I reset the tool type?
To return the tools to their default settings, right-click (Windows) or Control-click (Mac OS) the tool's icon in the options bar, and then choose Reset Tool or Reset All Tools on the context menu.
What is the shortcut key for the rectangular marquee tool?
Keys to select tools
|Cycle through tools that have the same keyboard shortcut||Keyboard shortcut Shift-click (preference setting, Use Shift key to switch tools, must be enabled)|
|Rectangular Marquee Tool Elliptical Marquee Tool||SUBWAY|
What is a rectangular tool?
The Rectangle tool allows you to draw rectangular shapes (vector and pixel based) and paths (shape outlines). … Draw from the center out: Place the crosshair where you want the center of the shape or path to be, hold down Alt (Windows) or Option (macOS), then drag diagonally to any corner.
How do I reset Photoshop CC?
Using a keyboard shortcut
- Quit Photoshop.
- Hold down the following keyboard shortcut and launch Photoshop: macOS: Command+Option+Shift. …
- Open Photoshop.
- Click Yes on the dialog box that asks "Delete the Adobe Photoshop settings file?" New preference files will be created in their original location.
How do I reset the tools in Photoshop CC?
The enhanced Reset All Tools command was first added in Photoshop CC 2014.
How to Reset the Photoshop Toolbar and Tool Settings
- Step 1 – Select a default tool. …
- Step 2 – Choose “Reset All Tools” from the options bar. …
- Step 3: Click OK.
Why is my Lasso tool not working?
Try turning off "Use Graphics Processor" in Performance Preferences and reboot. If that works, turn it back on and try each of the drawing modes under "Advanced". If working with the GPU turned off solves your problem and you're on Windows, check the GPU driver on the GPU manufacturers site.
How do I reset Adobe settings?
Restore all default preferences and settings
- (Windows) Start InCopy, and then press Shift+Ctrl+Alt. Click Yes when asked if you want to delete the preference files.
- (Mac OS) While pressing Shift+Option+Command+Control, start InCopy. Click Yes when asked if you want to delete the preference files.
What are the best settings for Photoshop?
Here are some of the most effective settings for increasing performance.
- Optimize History and Cache. …
- Optimize GPU settings. …
- Use a scratch disk. …
- Optimize memory usage. …
- Use 64-bit architecture. …
- Disable thumbnail display. …
- Disable font preview. …
- Disable animated zoom and pan.
How do you reset the text settings in Photoshop?
To reset the text formatting to its default value, press Ctrl Shift Y (Mac: Command Shift Y). This keyboard shortcut resets: Faux Bold, Faux Italic, All Caps, Small Caps, Superscript, Subscript, Underline, and Strikethrough.