The app sits in your Mac's menu bar, and you can simply drag and drop your chosen GIF onto any message thread in any app you like, including Messages.
How do you get a GIF on your Mac keyboard?
Even better is the fact that it's available for free on the Mac App Store. Once GIF Keyboard is installed and running, you'll find it running in the OS X menu bar in the top-right corner of your Mac screen. Clicking the GIF Keyboard menu bar icon displays links to recent, favorite and saved GIF animations.
How do you send a GIF in a message on a Mac?
Open the Messages app on your Mac and select the chat you want to send the GIF to.
- Click the 'Apple Store' icon next to the chat box where you normally type your text.
- Now, select '#images' from the popup window.
- Type the GIF you're looking for in the search bar.
How do you use a GIF on a Mac?
Use spacebar to play an animated GIF
Locate the image you want to see playing on your Mac. 2. Single-click on it and hold down the space bar on your keyboard. As long as the space key is held down, the GIF image will continue to play.
How do I turn on my GIF keyboard?
How to use the GIF keyboard on Android
- Click on the messaging app and tap on the compose message option.
- On the keyboard that appears, click the icon that says GIF at the top (this option may only appear for users using Gboard). …
- Once the GIF collection is displayed, find the desired GIF and tap send.
Is the GIF keyboard safe?
GIF Keyboard is very safe to use.
How do you get GIF in iMessage on Macbook?
Use GIPHY to send GIFs and stickers in iMessage!
- Open a text message and select the app store icon just below the text bar.
- Search for "GIPHY" and download or open the GIPHY app.
- Toggle between GIFs, stickers, or text. Once you've found the content you want to share, just tap to share.
How do you copy a GIF on a Mac?
How do I save GIFs on a Mac? right click, press save... if you can't save it, right click. copy and paste it into notes and save from there.
How do you send GIFs in iMessage?
Go into iMessage and select a thread of the person you want to send the GIF to. Touch the text box once to bring up the keyboard, and then touch it again to bring up the "Paste" prompt. Tap it when it appears. The GIF image will be pasted inside the text box.
How do you send message effects on Mac?
Use message effects in Messages on Mac
- In the Messages app on your Mac, select a conversation. …
- Enter your message in the field at the bottom of the window.
- Click the Applications button , select the Message Effects button, and then select the effect you want. …
- Press Return on your keyboard or click the Submit button.
Why won't GIFs play on my computer?
To play animated GIF files, you must open the files in the Preview/Properties window. To do this, select the animated GIF file, and then on the View menu, click Preview/Properties. If the GIF doesn't play, try saving the animated GIF back to the collection you want to put it in.
How do I view a GIF file on my computer?
How to Play Animated GIFs in Windows
- Open the folder that contains the animated GIF file.
- Locate the animated GIF file inside the folder.
- Set Windows Media Player as the default media player for animated GIFs. …
- Double-click the animated GIF file.
Why don't GIFs work on iPhone?
Disable the motion reduction feature. The first common tip to solve GIFs not working on iPhone is to disable the Reduce Motion feature. This feature is designed to limit screen movement and save your phone's battery life. However, it typically reduces some features, such as limiting animated GIFs.
How do I recover #images on my iPhone?
If you see the missing photo or video, you can move it back to your Recent album. Here's how: On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch: Tap the photo or video, then tap Recover.
Check your Recently Deleted folder
- Press Select.
- Touch the photos or videos, then touch Recover.
- Confirm that you want to recover the photos or videos.
How do I activate GIFs on my iPhone?
How to Get iMessage GIF Keyboard
- Open Messages and compose a new message or open an existing one.
- Press the 'A' (Applications) icon to the left of the text field.
- If the #images don't appear first, tap the icon with four bubbles in the bottom left corner.
- Tap #images to browse, search, and choose a GIF.