Many Android phones come with a built-in infrared "blaster" that uses the same technology as old-school remote controls. All you need to do is download a universal remote control app like AnyMote Smart IR Remote, IR Universal Remote, or Galaxy Universal Remote to use your phone to control any device that receives an IR signal.
Can I use my Android phone as a TV remote?
If your phone has an IR blaster, please download a TV remote control app like AnyMote Smart IR Remote. You can control not only your TV, but also any device that receives an IR signal: set-top boxes, DVD and Blu-ray players, stereos, and even some air conditioners.
Can I turn my phone into a universal remote?
Yes, you can easily turn your Android phone into a universal remote to control all those devices with one phone. To use your phone as a universal remote, remote control apps come into play. They allow you to control a variety of devices using your phone, something you never stop using.
What phones can be used as a TV remote?
The best phones with infrared emitters you can buy today
- TCL 10 Pro. A new affordable phone with an IR blaster. …
- Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro 5G. A good import buy for an IR-equipped flagship. …
- Huawei P30 Pro. Huawei's final flagship with Google apps. …
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro. One of the last flagships sold in the US with an IR blaster. …
- LG G5.
Can I use my phone as a TV remote without WIFI?
tv remote control for android
Ok, if your phone has built-in IR Blaster, all you need to do is search the app store for Universal Remote or IR Blaster. For Android, you will find an app called AnyMote Smart IR Remote. … You can turn your Android phone into a universal remote using apps like these.
How do you make a universal remote?
Turn on your TV or other device you want to control. Press and hold the corresponding DEVICE and power buttons on the remote control at the same time. Wait until the power button lights up and then release both buttons. Pointing the remote at the TV or other device, press the power button on the remote and wait 2 seconds.
Can I use my phone as a DVD remote?
universal power remote control is an application that turns your Android mobile device into a remote control for a DVD.
How do I put an infrared emitter on my phone?
You can touch Open to launch the application from the Play store or tap its icon in the app drawer. Select your infrared emitter when prompted. The app should ask you to choose your IR blaster the first time you open it. Follow the instructions on the screen to select it and/or grant the appropriate permissions.
Which app is best for TV remote control?
Best Android Remote Control Apps
- Download Android TV Remote Control: Android.
- Download Amazon Fire TV Remote: Android.
- Download Google Home: Android.
- Download the Alexa app: Android.
- Download Roku: Android.
- Download Smart Things Mobile: Android.
- Download IFTTT: Android.
- Download Yatse: Android.
Can I use my phone as an Xfinity TV remote?
Xfinity TV Remote App Setup
Download the Xfinity TV Remote app from the iTunes App Store to your iPad, iPhone, or iPod Touch. For Android, download from google play. Select the Xfinity TV Remote app on your device. Select Get Started.
How do I change channels without a remote?
How to change tv channels without a remote control
- Inspect the front and sides of your television to locate the buttons labeled "channel."
- Press the up button if you want to go to a channel with a higher number. It will be marked with a plus sign (+) or an arrow pointing up.
- People are reading.
Does the iPhone have an infrared emitter?
Due to the fact that iPhones do not have infrared (IR) emitters, they can't be used to control older non-Wi-Fi TV models, although you can buy IR dongles that plug into the Lightning connector and enable this feature. …Accept this and your iPhone should now transform into a remote control.
How do I connect my Android phone to my IR blaster?
- Check if your phone has an infrared emitter. Many phones don't come with an IR blaster.
- Get an IR remote control app. Launch Google Play on your device and search for "IR blaster".
- Launch the IR remote app you installed. Touch the app to open it after installation.
- Point your IR blaster at the device you want to control.