How do I crop a specific area in Photoshop?
Crop to a selection boundary
When you use the Crop command without making a selection, Photoshop Elements crops the image by 50 pixels from each visible edge. Use any selection tool, such as the Rectangular Marquee tool, to select the part of the image that you want to keep. Choose Image > Crop.
How do you select and crop an image in Photoshop?
crop a photo
- On the toolbar, select the Crop tool. …
- Draw a new crop area or drag the corner and edge handles to specify the crop boundaries on your photo.
- (Optional) Specify crop options using the control bar. …
- Press Enter (Windows) or Return (Mac OS) to crop the photo.
How can I crop a specific shape?
Crop to a specific shape
- In your file, select the image you want to crop to a specific shape.
- Click the Image Format tab. …
- Under Adjust, click the arrow next to Crop, point to Mask to Shape, point to a shape type, and then click the shape you want to crop the image to.
How do you crop an uneven image?
How to crop an image to an irregular shape
- Open the image file in your image editor. …
- Double-click the background layer in the Layers Palette and rename the layer. …
- Use the Lasso Tool to outline the irregular shape you want to cut out. …
- Open the Image menu and select the "Crop" option.
What is the crop tool?
The Crop Tool is used to crop or crop an image. It works on all layers of the image, visible and invisible. This tool is often used to remove borders or to remove unwanted areas to give you a more focused work area. …To validate the crop, click inside the crop rectangle or press the Enter key.
How can I crop a custom image?
To crop an image to a square or rectangle
- Select your image.
- On the Picture Tools ribbon, select 'Crop'
- Resize the cropped section using the black V-handles that appear, resize the image using the white circular handles, and move the image within the cropped area by dragging it.
How do I select an image in Photoshop?
Photoshop automatically selects the object within the defined region. Add to Selection: Hold down Shift or select Add to Selection in the options bar, then draw a new rectangle or lasso around the missing region. Repeat this process for all the missing regions you want to add to the selection.
How do I crop a shape in Canva?
Double click on any photo or select it and click the "Crop" button and we will draw a box around the part to be cropped. Resize or scale your photo and the cropped area by pulling the anchors in the corners, then click the check mark once you're done.
How can I crop an image to a specific size?
To do this, check the box marked 'Expand from Center' above the 'Fixed' label in the tool options, and then make your selection by clicking the point you want to center. On the menu bar at the top of the screen, click Image > Crop to Selection. Save your cropped image.
How do you crop a freehand photo?
Start cropping an image into a rectangle
- Select your image.
- On the Picture Tools Format ribbon, click the Crop button. The black clipping handles will appear.
- Then resize: the cropped section using the crop handles; …
- Click the Crop button again to crop the image.