To open the Preferences dialog, choose Photoshop→Preferences→General (Edit→Preferences→General on a PC), or press ⌘-K (Ctrl+K). When you choose a category on the left side of the dialog, tons of settings related to that category appear on the right.
Where is the Photoshop settings folder?
In the Finder, choose Go > Go To Folder. Type ~/Library/Preferences/Adobe Photoshop CC 2019 Settings/ and click Go.
What is the shortcut for Edit General Preferences?
Use the following keyboard shortcuts to open the Preferences > General menu: Ctrl+Alt+; (semicolon) (Windows)
How do I open Photoshop 2020 Preferences?
Open a preferences dialog
Windows: Choose Edit > Preferences and choose the desired preference set from the submenu. macOS: Choose Photoshop > Preferences, then choose the desired preference set from the submenu.
What can you do in the interface preferences?
Interface preferences also let you use gestures with a tablet and pen, display descriptive labels when the cursor hovers over an option, automatically collapse icon panels when clicked, remember panel locations for next use, and enable text drop shadows (New !).
What are the best settings for Photoshop?
Here are some of the most effective settings for increasing performance.
- Optimize History and Cache. …
- Optimize GPU settings. …
- Use a scratch disk. …
- Optimize memory usage. …
- Use 64-bit architecture. …
- Disable thumbnail display. …
- Disable font preview. …
- Disable animated zoom and pan.
How do I save my Photoshop preferences?
Save and load presets
- Open Photoshop.
- Choose Edit > Presets > Preset Manager.
- Choose the desired option from the Preset Type dropdown menu. For example, choose Brushes.
- Select the desired presets. For example, select the brushes you want to migrate.
- Click Save Set, and then click Save.
What key is used to open the preferences?
On your keyboard, use CMD + SPACE to bring up the Spotlight search (top right menu bar), where you can simply type the keyword sys, which should then show up and select System Preferences, and then press RETURN to to open.
Where are the preferences in After Effects?
Locate the After Effects preferences folder on your computer:
- For Windows XP: …/Documents and Settings//Application Data/Adobe/After Effects/9.0.
- For Windows Vista: …/Program Files/Common Files/Adobe/Keyfiles/AfterEffects.
- For Mac OS: …//Library/Preferences.
How do I install Photoshop 2020?
Just download Photoshop from the Creative Cloud website and install it on your desktop.
- Go to the Creative Cloud website and click Download. If prompted, sign in to your Creative Cloud account. …
- Double click on the downloaded file to begin the installation.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the installation.