What to do after doing a clean boot?
After using clean boot, users need to reset the computer to a normal state to make things more stable. By using a clean boot, we shut down services and many startup programs that can affect the use of a computer.
What happens when I clean Windows 10 startup?
Summary. A "clean boot" starts Windows with a minimal set of drivers and startup programs, so you can determine if a background program is interfering with your game or program.
How do I undo a clean boot of Windows 10?
How to undo clean boot in Windows 10
- Open Home.
- Search for msconfig and click the top result to open the system configuration experience.
- On the General tab, select the Normal startup option.
- Click on the Services tab.
- Check the Hide all Microsoft services option.
- Click the Enable All button.
- Click on the Home tab.
Does a clean boot erase everything?
A clean boot is just a way to start your computer with a minimum of programs and drivers to allow you to troubleshoot which program(s) and driver(s) may be causing a problem. It does not delete your personal files, such as documents and images..
How do I boot into Windows recovery?
How to access Windows RE
- Select Start, Power, and then hold down the Shift key while clicking Restart.
- Select Start, Settings, Update and Security, Recovery. …
- At the command prompt, run the shutdown /r /o command.
- Use the following steps to boot the system using recovery media.
What is the first thing you check when a computer won't turn on?
The first thing to check is that your monitor is plugged in and turned on. This problem could also be caused by hardware failure. The fans may turn on when you press the power button, but other essential parts of the computer may not turn on. In this case, take your computer in for repair.
How do I clean my Windows 10 computer?
Disk Cleanup in Windows 10
- In the search box on the taskbar, type Disk Cleanup and select Disk Cleanup from the list of results.
- Select the drive you want to clean, and then select OK.
- Under Files to delete, select the types of files to get rid of. To get a description of the file type, select it.
- Select OK.
Should I make a fresh start in Windows 10?
Resetting your PC allows you to perform a clean reinstall and update keeping your personal data and most Windows settings intact. In some cases, a clean install can improve your device's performance, security, browsing experience, and battery life.
How do I put Windows 10 in safe mode?
- Press the Windows logo key + I on your keyboard to open Settings. …
- Select Update & Security > Recovery. …
- Under Advanced startup, select Restart now.
- After your PC restarts at the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup settings > Restart.
How do I get to the boot menu in Windows 10?
ME - Hold down the Shift key and reboot
This is the easiest way to access Windows 10 boot options. All you need to do is hold down the Shift key on your keyboard and restart the PC. Open the Start menu and click the "Power" button to open the power options. Now press and hold the Shift key and click "Restart".
How do I boot into safe mode from BIOS?
While it's starting up, hold down the F8 key before the Windows logo appears. A menu will appear. You can then release the F8 key. Use the arrow keys to highlight Safe Mode (or Safe Mode with Networking if you need to use the Internet to solve your problem), then press Enter.